Year 2H 2022 - 2023
Welcome back to the final term of Year 2! We have a very excited term planned, with lots of great activities and learning ahead. We have already enjoyed our last trip of Year 2 at CommuniTree, and what a great time we had! I think we are all ready now to share our new learning into place all about bees and pollination!
Let's have a look what we will be learning this half term.
In maths, we will revisit place value, placing numbers on a number line, fractions, time and solve reasoning questions. We will continue with our mad minutes weekly challenges, and hopefully you will be awarded with your next Mad Minutes certificate!
This half term, in English we are going to be reading ‘Pirates Next Door’, by Jonny Duddle. Have you ever read a pirate book? I wonder what will happen? We will spend time exploring the illustrations, asking questions about the characters, writing our own descriptions and end with writing our very own pirate story! I can’t wait to hear your ideas!
It is time to do history this half term, and we will be studying past and present explorers. Have you ever heard of Christopher Columbus? I wonder what qualities you need to be an explorer. I am excited to learn more about this, and see if maybe you could ever be an explorer!
Our science topic is ‘Bees and Pollination’, which we already know lots about from our school trip. We will look closely at the life cycle of a bee and study their purpose in the world. What is an eco-system? We will learn lots of new scientific vocabulary!
In RE we will be focusing on 'Special Places'!
Our big question is....
Why is the church a special place for Christians?
The aims of this unit is to:
- give pupils an understanding of ‘church’ as a holy place and a body of people.
- begin developing in pupils an understanding of what happens in church and why.
- give pupils an opportunity to begin exploring places of worship other than a church.
· PE kits must be in school every day
· Book bags must be in school every day
· Spelling and mad minutes should be practised everyday
· Try to read with your child everyday and ask them questions about the book they have read
· Homework is given out on a Friday and handed in every Thursday
Year 2 team.
Year 2H: Gallery items
World Book Day 2023, by Mr Wood
Carol Concert, by Miss Hulse
Manchester United Player Led Competition, by Miss Kyte
Year 2H: Events items
There are no Events items to display