Year 2F 2020 - 2021
Welcome to Year 2!
Welcome back Year 2! I am so excited for this half term, as it is the build up to Christmas! Although it might be a little bit different this year, we will definitely be having some festive fun! Along with festive fun, we also have some exciting learning taking place - we will be learning all about Bonfire Night! Let's get learning!
What will we be learning in Autumn 2?
We are going to be reading a really fun book this half term - again, one of my favourites! This is a 'Story with a Familiar Setting', and is it called The Cherry Tree Farm by Enid Blyton. Enid Blyton is a very famous author so we find out about her also.
We will really dive into this text, exploring the characters and imagining that we are on the adventures with them! I wonder who your favourite character will be? Have you ever been to a farm? Will you be able to write your own adventure story?
Later in the half term, we will look at a non-fiction and a poetry unit. Keep checking the webite, for updates!
In maths we will be looking at:
- Addition and Subtraction
- Shape and Data
We will also be doing a weekly 'MAD MINUTES' session, where the children are timed whilst completing their times tables. Ready, steady, get practising!
In science, we will be continuing to learn about ‘Materials’. We will learn additional scientific vocabulary such as: rigid, stretch, enquire, investigate. We will carry out several investigations to test the suitability of materials, such as, 'Do all balls bounce?' and 'Why is some fabric stretchy?'
Our history topic this term is, ‘Remember, remember the 5th November'. What do you already know about this event? Have you ever been to a bonfire?
We will learn about the chronology of the event and why it happened. We will write an eye witness account and a diary entry in the role of Guy Fawkes! We will use historical vocabulary to ask questions about the event and by the end of this topic, we will all be able to plot the event on a timeline!
Our RE unit this term is, ‘Christmas - Good News’.
Our learning will be focused around these 'Big Questions':
- How is good news delivered?
- Who passes on good news?
- Why was the birth of Jesus good news?
- Why is this news so important?
- What difference did it make to the world?
- How did the good news spread further?
- How is this good news told today?
- How is this good news celebrated today?
- The news is very old, how can it still be good news?
- What do angels do?
- What do angels look like?
- PE kits need to be in school every day
- Book bags must be in school every day
- Homework is given out on a Friday and handed in every Thursday.
- Some homework will be assigned on Google Classroom - please help your child to access this virtual form of learning. If you need any support with this, please speak to Mrs Freeman.
We will upload any new useful information to our webpage throughout the half term and upload photographs of our fabulous work!
If you have any questions regarding your child's learning, please do not hesitate to speak to Mrs Freeman.
Year 2F: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 2F: Events items
There are no Events items to display